ELECTRICAL SERVICE UP-GRADE
Full Heavy-Up &/or Service Entrance Cable Change
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Upon receiving approval from you to schedule the work we immediately secure an electrical permit and send a written order to the power company.
- On the day our work begins we’ll start the day at your house roughly between 8:00 and 8:30 AM and the power will be off typically between 2 and 4 hours in which we’ll install a new 200 amp circuit breaker panel for the full heavy-up. We use Square D brand, QO type Load Centers for your new panel.
- Upon completion of the work there will be several large cables spliced around the old electrical meter box outside. These are temporary but safe. The power company will replace the old meter (in most cases), remove the old cables and install our new cable into the new meter. There is no charge for their service.
- Within a few days after we complete our portion of the work we will call you to schedule the county or city electrical inspector to approve our work. It will need to be a day when someone can be home to let him in to inspect your new circuit breaker panel.
Please Note - Pepco will not perform their portion of the work without inspector approval.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for Pepco to come and complete the outside work which they’ll do without notice. If it hasn’t been completed in that time please call our office and we’ll gladly follow up with the power company.